Bacteria is your friend…almost 99% of them h helpful. Really? While certain bacteria exist that are malignant to the human body, there are many more bacteria that are benign.
Bacteria are an important group of living organisms. Most of them are microscopic and have a tough protective layer that encloses the bacteria. Bacteria can be categorized as living cells unlike viruses and are found everywhere. From the tallest mountains to the deepest oceans the world is full of bacteria.
As stated earlier almost 99% of bacteria or helpful, disease is only caused by a few of them. There are a number of helpful bacteria. Some of these are:
* Certain types of bacteria live in the intestines of human beings. They help in the digestion and in destroying the harmful organisms. Intestinal bacteria also produce some vitamins required by the human body.
* Certain bacteria help break down lactose in the digestive tract.
* Saccharomyces boulardi is found to reduce risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhea in children.
* Some bacteria present on the skin protect us from the spread of certain fungus.
* There are many types of bacteria that live inside the mouth, nose, throat and intestines of humans. These bacteria get a place to live and feed while keeping other harmful microbes from taking up residence.
*There are some friendly bacteria such as intestinal flora or micro flora which are good for human health. These healthy stomach bacteria are helpful to release many useful vitamins such as vitamin B and vitamin K.
Obviously there are also some harmful bacteria such as those that act as pathogens and cause tetanus, typhoid fever, pneumonia, cholera and tuberculosis. Harmful bacteria in food cause botulism. And, there are now some strains of bacteria that are resistant most anti-biotics.
While washing hands with antiseptic soap will kill bacteria, many bacteria are airborne and require some form of highly efficient air filtration media to be removed effectively. In the hospital and medical facilities, HEPA filters are the standard media used to ensure the removal of harmful airborne bacteria and pathogens.
Pure Air Systems has been making commercial grade HEPA based air filtration systems since 1985. These certified HEPA systems are used in hospitals, clinics and medical facilities around the world and have been used by thousands of homeowners. For more information on these systems and their abilities to remove harmful bacteria please go to our website at: www.pureairsystems.com
One should realize that while good bacteria can survive without us, we cannot survive without good bacteria.